1) Enter the text for which you want to check the number of characters (bytes) in the text field below. Or copy and paste.
2) Click the "Count" button,the number of characters (bytes) are displayed at the bottom of the text field.
- ■ Number of characters (including spaces)
- ■ Number of characters (not including spaces)
- ■ Number of lines
1. Number of characters converted as one character for full-width and half-width.
The number of characters converted as one character for both full-width and half-width characters is displayed. Line breaks are not counted.
2. Number of characters converted as one character for both full-width and half-width (excluding line breaks and spaces)
The number of characters converted as one character for both full-width characters and half-width characters excluding line feed characters and blank characters (full-width half-width spaces) is displayed.
3. Number of lines
The number of lines is displayed.
Number of characters counter is a free character counter tool that provides instant character count & word count statistics for a given text. The tool reports the number of character with spaces and without spaces, also the number of words and sentences.
Character Count Tool monitors and reports the character counts & word counts of the text that you type in real time. Therefore it is suitable for writing text with word/ character limit.
The word/ character limit happens in many occasions.
For example: Twitter: 280
Yelp Post: 5000
LinkedIn Summary: 2000
Pinterest Description: 500
Blogspot description: 500
title tag in HTML: only display 70 characters
meta descriptions in HTML: have no limitation but only first 155 characters are displayed in Google search results.